We encourage you to support current campaigns by attending actions and contacting politicians. See details below and/or on each campaign page:
COVID-19 Crisis 2020 Palm Sunday Dignity not Destitution: restore SRSS Offshore Detention Onshore Detention No Deportations to Danger Community sponsorship Past Campaigns
A campaign for the release of refugees from detention and their safe resettlement. • #Time For A Home #Free the Refugees . Find out more about how you can help right now
• #TimeForAHome – Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC) This campaign aims to get refugees released from detention has commenced. Two prominent Kurdish refugees are spear-heading the campaign and about 60 major refugee organisations from around Australia are supporting it. One of the refugees is Moz (Mostafa Azimitabar) who is imprisoned in the Mantra Hotel. His face is featured on a huge mural that was completed last week near the Richmond Station. The other is Farhad Rahmati, a civil engineer who recently was transported in handcuffs to Villawood after giving a radio interview on Brisbane’s ABC Morning Program where he talked about the recent sad event involving his friend Saif at Kangaroo Point. Find out more on at https://www.timeforahome.com.au
– Refugee Council of Australia 2020 Year of Welcome
• A project to sponsor 200 refugees currently held on Manus Island and Nauru to resettle in Canada. Endorsed by the Operation #NotForgotten Refugee Council of Australia and Amnesty International. Find out more…
• – Amnesty International Australia Game Over for Game Over Toolkits , for Individuals Organisations Game Over Petition Change your FB profile picture here Add a twibbon to your Twitter profile pic.
• The Back Your Neighbour campaignThis campaign is run by the Local Government Mayoral Taskforce Supporting People Seeking Asylum. Stop cruel cuts to support for asylum seekers living in the community. More information about the Taskforce.
Ask your MP about • #toNZ Urgent Action . # toNZ P What will it take for Australia to accept the NZ deal? lease email or call your federal member and ask them these two questions: 1. 2. What will happen to the asylum seekers left in PNG if we don’t accept the deal? We are seeking to have every MP and Senator in the country be faced with these questions prior to an important meeting taking place next week.
This is a high priority campaign, so p lease support this campaign to free those in PNG #toNZ: • #toNZ Postcards – use for Prime Minister • #toNZ Postcards – use for Members of Parliament • #toNZ Postcards – use for Senators #toNZ Postcards are provided by Rural Australians for Refugees.
Find contact details for your local MP and Senators for your stateGo to the . ARAN resources letter-writing page
Return to top of the page.
Yet another beating on Manus – January 2019
Here’s an extract from Behrouz Boochani’s message on Facebook:• Yesterday (5 Jan 19) a refugee was beaten up by a guard on Manus • The guards on Manus and Nauru have been beating up innocent refugees in the past six years, over hundred times maybe. • On Manus & Nauru there’s nowhere for us to go when we are mistreated. • We are standing outside the law but still subject to it. • A human may be able to survive physical torture and prison, but he/she can never get over humiliation. • When you beat up a refugee, you are not hurting them physically only, you’re taking their humanity and identity. Humiliation is the ultimate torture.
Remind the politicians of the urgent need to avoid further harm and suffering for innocent people in detention:
Prime Minister https://www.pm.gov.au/contact-your-pm (02) 6277 7700
Leader of the Opposition Anthony Albanese, Leader of the Opposition Albanese.MP@aph.gov.au (02) 6277 4022
Peter Dutton, Minister for Home Affairs Dutton.MP@aph.gov.au (02) 6277 7860
Alan Tudge, Acting Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs Contact Form: https://www.aph.gov.au/Senators_and_Members/Contact_Senator_or_Member?MPID=M2Y Electoral Office: (03) 9887 3890 Canberra Office: (02) 6277 7790
Richard Marles, Deputy Leader of the Opposition Contact Form (02) 6277 4330
Kristina Keneally, Shadow Minister for Home Affairs email@example.com (02) 6277 3512
Also, send a copy of your email to your local MP. Find their details here Here’s a
to assist in crafting of your email Step by Step MP Meeting Guide Here’s a
list of Federal MPs and Senators (all Australian federal politicians email and phone details current as at October 2018).
Return to top of the page.