News and Information from Refugee
OPCAT Inspection Australia
The UN Subcommittee on Prevention of Torture (OPCAT) will visit Australia, possibly in March 2020, to shine a light on abuses in places of detention.
RCOA News and Events
Refugee Council of Australia is the national umbrella body for refugees and people seeking asylum and those who support them.
Andrew & Renata Kaldor Centre for International Refugee Law at UNSW Sydney.
Asylum Insight provides facts and analysis on Australian asylum policy, within an international context.
The Refugee Brief
UNHCR’s Daily newsletters about displacement around the world.
UNHCR News and Stories
Latest News, Stories, Media Releases, Briefing Notes and information from the
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.
An independent digital media project dedicated to covering refugee and migration issues around the globe. Refugees Deeply is a part of News Deeply, a media startup and social enterprise based in New York.
Amnesty International News
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 7 million people, dedicated to ending grave abuses of human rights and getting justice for those whose rights have been violated.
Refugee Action Coalition (Sydney) Newsletters
Refugee Action Coalition (RAC) has campaigned since 2000 for the rights of refugees trying to seek asylum in Australia and against mandatory detention.
FASSTT – Forum of Australian Services for Survivors of Torture and Trauma
FASST Refugee Transitions Magazine
The Forum of Australian Services for Survivors of Torture and Trauma (FASSTT) is a network of Australia’s eight specialist rehabilitation agencies that work with survivors of torture and trauma who have come to Australia from overseas.
- ASeTTS – Association for Services to Torture and Trauma Survivors – Western Australia
- STTARS – Survivors of Torture and Trauma Assistance and Rehabilitation Service – South Australia
- STARTTS – Service for the Treatment and Rehabilitation of Torture and Trauma Survivors– NSW
- Queensland Program of Assistance to Survivors of Torture and Trauma (QPASTT) – Queensland
- Foundation House – Victorian Foundation for the Survivors of Torture – Victoria
- Melaleuca Refugee Centre- Torture and Trauma Survivors Service of the Northern Territory – Northern Territory
- Phoenix Centre – Support for Survivors of Torture and Trauma – Tasmania
- Companion House – Assisting Survivors of Torture and Trauma – ACT