Huyen Tran who arrived on a boat while fleeing religious persecution says she could be killed if deported October 1 2018.
Media alert update 30 Sept 2018: Labor Senator and catholic Bishop oppose deportation of Vietnamese mother
There’s more information on this Facebook video.
Sign this online petition.
RAC Petition to Australian Airlines
Don’t Deport Refugees and Asylum Seekers to Danger
This petition has been endorsed by: Dr Gillian Triggs, Julian Burnside, People Just Like Us, The Edmund Rice Centre.
Do you hold shares in Qantas?
• Do your shares give you voting rights at the Qantas AGM?
• We need you to join us to tell Qantas to stop deportations of refugees and asylum seekers to danger
• The Australasian Centre for Corporate Responsibility (ACCR) and the Refugee Advice and Casework Service (RACS) are looking for Qantas shareholders to potentially co-file a shareholder resolution calling on Qantas to stop deportations and removals to danger
• Read more here.
Petition Update August 10 2018
Qantas is meeting with human rights advocates!
Bendigo says No Deportations to Danger
• Qantas faces shareholder rebellion over role in forced deportations
Guardian Australia October 25 2018.
• Qantas, don’t deport refugees to danger Green Left August 3 2018.
• Qantas, Virgin targeted over role in refugee repatriation Fairfax August 9 2018.
• Calls for Qantas to end involvement in asylum
seeker deportations SBS August 9 2018.
• Qantas and Virgin face protest over deportation Crikey August 9 2018.
• Protestors lobby Qantas on deportations The Mercury August 9 2018.
• Australian airlines under pressure to stop asylum
seekers deportations SBS August 9 2018
• Protesters lobby Qantas over deportations News.com August 9 2018
• Pressure mounting on Qantas and Virgin to ban
deportation flights The West August 9 2018
• Activists pressure airlines over asylum seekers and refugees
Mashable August 9 2018
• Qantas and Virgin pressured to refuse to take part in removal of
asylum seekers Guardian August 9 2018
• Protestors Want Qantas and Virgin Airlines To Stop Deporting
Asylum Seekers Vice August 9 2018
• Qantas, Virgin Pose ‘Extraordinary’ Risk To Brand By Deporting Refugees: Rights Groups 10Daily August 9 2018
• Qantas must not take part in the forced removal of people who
sought asylum HRLC August 9 2018
• Qantas and Virgin Australia are Under Fire for Transporting Deported Asylum Seekers and Refugees for the Australian Government
Travel Weekly August 10 2018
• Can activists really push Qantas and Virgin into standing against the government? Crikey August 10 2018.
Sydney people say No to Deportation to Danger
RAC Eurobodalla’s message to Qantas: Don’t Deport Priya and Nades
Protesters outside Qantas say No Deportations to Danger