Past Meetings and events
• ACT: Canberra – RAC General Meeting
Saturday 1 May 2021 1.00pm-3.00pm
Copland Building, Room G031, ANU (behind the Street Theatre).
• Two dates for information about Canadian Sponsorship
Join online to find out what Operation #NotForgotten (ONF) has accomplished in the past year, what is planned for 2021.
– Saturday 17 April 2021 10am (AEST): register on EventBrite
– Tuesday, 20 April 2021 10am (AEST): register on EvenBrite
• NSW & Beyond: Grandmothers Live Online Guest Speaker: Jason Siwat
Wednesday 14 April
Jason works in Port Moresby PNG supporting refugees.
Details, zoom link & time to follow.
• 2021 BRASA Afternoon Tea
Monday 12 April 2021 (barring further lockdowns)
In Sandringham from 2.00 to 4.00 pm
More details from the
Bayside Refugee Advocacy and Support Association (BRASA).
• ACT: Anh Do The Happiest Refugee
Wednesday 24 March 2021 8.00pm
Canberra Theatre Civic Square London Circuit
More information on the Theatre website.
• ARAN / Amnesty Justice and a Fair Go for Refugees Webinar
Tuesday 23 March 7.30-8.30pm on Zoom
Hosted by the Australian Refugee Action Network and supported by Amnesty International. With Zaki Haidari, Farhad Bandesh, Sr Brigid Arthur, Prof John Minns and Dr Graham Thom (Amnesty International). If you register before the night you will receive updates on the speakers and program.
More info on Facebook Events.
• Vic: Melbourne – world premiere of No Friend But The Mountains:
A Symphonic Song Cycle
Sunday 21 March 2021 5.00pm
Myer Music Bowl
More information on Live At The Bowl.
• NSW: Live online with Daney Faddoul
Grandmothers for Refugees
Friday 19 March 1-2pm.
Pre-register for this event on Zoom.
• Auswide: Live online with Daney Faddoul
Friday 19 March 1.00 – 2.00pm.
Pre-register for this Zoom event
Grandmothers for Refugees NSW.
• Vic: Melbourne Bayside Afternoon Tea Fundraiser
Bayside Refugee Advocacy and Support Association (BRASA)
Sunday 28 February 2021
More details soon on the BRASA website.
The next BRASA online meeting: Thursday 4 March at 7.30pm
Via Zoom; access details are on the BRASA website.
• NSW: Mid North Coast Refugee Support Group (MNCRSG)
Saturday 13 February 2021 10.00am
Meet at the Wauchope Arts Hall.
Our raffle is live! It will be drawn on the 20/3/21.
• ACT Canberra – RAC Annual Planning Meeting
Saturday 30 January 2021 12.00pm – 3.00pm
15 Blackall St. Barton.
• Qld Brisbane: Refugee Acion Collective (RAC) Organising Meeting
Wednesday 27 January 2021 6.30pm
Online using Zoom.
Refugee Action Collective QLD.
• NT – Darwin Asylum Seeker Support and Advocacy Network
Wednesday 27 January 2021 6.00pm
Families in detention in Darwin meeting.
342 Casuarina Drive, Rapid Creek.
• Online: Global conference celebrating the 70th anniversary of the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Thursday 21 January 2021
1. The Rohingya refugee crisis: Reflections from the region
3.00pm – 4.30pm AEDT
More information and registration on EventBrite
2. ‘Re-examining displacement in the context of disasters and climate change: A Pacific perspective.
4:45pm – 6.15pm AEDT
More information and registration on EventBrite
The conference is a partnership between UNHCR and the Global Academic Interdisciplinary Network (GAIN). Hosted by the Kaldor Centre.
• Qld: RAC – Refugee Action Collective
Wednesday 20th January 2021 6.30pm
Organising meeting Online: Zoom Meeting.
• Cairns for Refugees 2021 Planning Meeting
Saturday 16 January at 12 noon in Whitfield
Cairns for Refugees are coming together to plan our focus for the coming year.
More info from Raechel on 0415 764 657
• Refugee Advocacy Network
Tuesday 12 January 6.00pm
Palm Sunday (28 March) for Justice for Refugees organising Zoom meeting
Request access details via the ARAN contact form
• Refugee Action Collective (RAC) Queensland Organising meeting
Wednesday 6 January 6.30pm (AEST)
Online via Zoom.
• Auswide Webinar: Refugees as central dialogue partners for
Wednesday 16 December 2020 5.00pm AEST
APNOR, Asia Pacific Refugee Rights Network, Uni of Auckland
The Zoom link to join is https://auckland.zoom.us/j/92419825738
• Qld: RAC Organising meeting
Wednesday 16 December 6.30pm AEST
We Need You
Online via Zoom
• NSW: Grandmothers NSW Live Online
Wednesday 16th December 1.00pm – 2.00pm
Listen to Refugee Voices
Register on Zoom
• Auswide: Catholic Alliance for People Seeking Asylum (CAPSAR) Webinar
Tuesday 15 December 3030 11:00am – 12:00pm AEST
From Solidarity to Solutions: a Review of 2020 and Garnering Hope for 2021.
• ARAN Network of Letter Writing Groups
Wednesday 9 December 8.00pm AEDT.
To join in, contact ARAN
Income support: thousands are still with no safety net. If your group is financially supporting refugees let us know. We would like to hear from you via the ARAN contact form, subject line: Supporting refugees.
• Refugee Legal The ‘Not the Annual Dinner’
Online on Thursday 26 November 2020 7.00pm to 8.30pm
We are honoured to have Behrouz Boochani to deliver the keynote address, live from New Zealand. The MC for the night is Tom Ballard, award-winning stand-up comedian, actor, writer and broadcaster.
Bookings on TryBooking
• Sponsorship to Canada – Operation #NotForgotten Information Session for Supporters and Advocates
Friday 20 November 10.00am – 11.30am (AEDT)
Hear about what the project has been able to accomplish, its challenges and expectations for next 12 months.
Register via EventBrite
• Qld: Refugee Action Committee (RAC) Online organising meeting
Wednesday 18 November 2020 6.30pm AEST
• Online: Tuesday 17 to Friday 20 November 2020 AEDT
2020 Kaldor Centre Virtual Conference: New frontiers of refugee law in a closed world. Find out more and register on the Kaldor Centre website.
• Refugees and the media Online
Monday 16 November 2020 6.00pm AEDT
With Ben Doherty, Guardian Australia journalist, Debbie Whitmont, former ABC journalist and Midd